Saturday, January 2, 2010

Homemade Hair Recipe #1: Clarify with Apple Cider Vinegar!


Hello my Radiant Naturales!

It's time to talk about hair clarification. Though many people use
shampoos as their clarifying substance, there are other methods that a person can use to clarify their hair.

Apple Cider Vinegar (
ACV) is one way to clarify your hair and clean it with out having to use a shampoo. Most clarifying shampoos are too drying, apple cider vinegar is less drying and also cheaper. You only need to rinse with it once, so it is also less time consuming. It can also reduce frizziness in your lovely curls. The way it should be done is with 1 part ACV and 3 parts water. So you can use 1cup ACV with 3cups of water. You should mix this beforehand in a container so its ready to go in the shower or whenever you wash your hair. PLEASE do not use just ACV straight on your hair, because it is very strong in terms of scent and if even the diluted version gets in your eyes it stings. The ACV scent will subside as you wash your hair further.
When I do the rinse I pour half of it in my hair after saturating my hair with water and rub it around my scalp some. I scratch my scalp lightly. Do not scratch it too roughly because it will start to irritate your skin. I leave it in for roughly 3 minutes and rinse out, then i pour in the rest and rub it around like a normal shampoo and rinse. I do mine in two parts just because I want to get secondary buildup I may have. You are free to do what ever method you choose.


You should also rinse with cool water after the ACV rinse. Some people also like to shampoo first then do an
ACV rinse. I have been on a kick where I'm trying all naturale products and trying to stay away from the commercial hair products.

Curlychronicles has a youtube video showing how she used the ACV rinse.
IsisCold also has a video where she reviews the ACV rinse.

Please go visit these lovely ladies channels and Subscribe!!! :)


xoxo

Naturale Radiance


0 comments:

Upcoming Posts:

Show Up Show Out
Nail Tutorial
Twist-out Tutorial

Followers

bloglovin

Blog Roll

Creative Commons License