Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Paul Mitchell: The Conditioner Review

What it claims...
Balances Moisture – Moisturizing conditioners and Hawaiian Awapuhi help balance moisture and prevent dryness
Improves Texture – Wheat-derived conditioners smooth the surface and reduce static
Excellent for Hair and Skin – This unique water-based formula is excellent for both skin and hair.

What it actually does...
I used this leave in conditioner to do my twist out along with some other products [Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream and Trader Joe's Aloe Vera Gel]. I just have to say that I LOVE this leave in conditioner. If you are looking to have soft hair that feels happy and has a slight natural healthy shine to it- this is for you.

When I was using the product I could feel exactly when there was enough in my hair, a very little bit goes a long way. for each twist I used about a 1/3 of a dime size. This stuff is great. Some people don't like it because of the cones and I'd have to say if you're CG (curly girl) or strictly no cones, then don't use this product.

Ingredients...
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Ceteth 2, Cetrimonium Bromide, Bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone Bisamino Hydroxypropyl Copolyol/Algae/Aloe Barbadensis/Chamomile, Hedychium Coronarium Extract (White Ginger), PEG 12 Dimethicone, Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Lawsonia Inermis Extract (Henna), Simmondsia Chinensis Extract (Jojoba), Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract/PEG 12 Dimethicone (Rosemary), Wheat Germ Amidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate, Citric Acid, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) (CI 42090), DMDM Hydrantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum) (Parfum), Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Hexylcinnamal, Limonene


Results...
I actually thought my twist out was going to look horrible but it turned out quite cute and I have gotten second day hair out if it with absolutely NO manipulation not even a shower letting the steam get to it. I'm hoping to stretch 4 or more days out of it. Hopefully I'll have my Juices & Berries spray by Oyin in the mail by then so I can try it out on the style as a refresher.

Price...
The price I paid was $12.00 for a 10.14oz bottle. If you purchase it online, you can get it for cheaper at certain places. The 33oz is between $22.00 and $25.00. It is a little pricey compared to the more inexpensive leave in conditioners and such, but its about the same price as Giovanni's Leave in Conditioner which I don't like nearly as much as this one. I definitely think if I mixed the two together I'd love the combo.


Rating...
All in all I'd rate this product as a 8 on a scale of 10 and if I can get more days out of it, it'll be a 9.


So... this will become a staple product for me. I will use it on twists or braids, I am not sure if I will use it on wash and go's yet. Give it a try, purchase a sample size if you see one and try it out for cheap.


thanx you guys!

love, love...
www [dot] ceceUNedited [dot] com

0 comments:

Upcoming Posts:

Show Up Show Out
Nail Tutorial
Twist-out Tutorial

Followers

bloglovin

Blog Roll

Creative Commons License